Claxton Field offers a soccer field, softball field, trail access, batting cage, and restrooms. There are many benches and picnic areas where you can watch your children play or to go take a water break.
Location & Parking
- Street: Central Avenue
- Nearest Cross Street: Marked Tree Road
Please Note: Directions shown start from the Needham Town Hall and the ending addresses for some fields and playgrounds are private residences or business addresses as the actual fields and playgrounds do not have physical addresses.
The parking lot is located off of Central Avenue, across from the RTS entrance. Do not block entrances, and be aware of other events, such as Saturday car washes. There is no parking on Central Avenue. Alcohol and drugs not permitted on site.
- Two adult softball diamonds
- Shade: Play area is all shaded
- Water Bubbler: No
- Bathrooms: yes
- Fencing: No
- Picnic Tables: Usually up on deck of building
- Gills: yes
Age Group: 5 and Under
- Equipment: Small structure, spring toys, swings, craw tunnel, see saw; 1/2 basketball court
- Special Notes: playground donated by Parent Talk, Inc.