Represented Employee Groups
The Town of Needham has several represented employee groups organized under Chapter 150E of the Massachusetts General Laws. They are:
- The Needham Independent Town Workers Association (ITWA) includes administrative and professional / technical positions within the Town of Needham.
- Needham Firefighters Local 1706 of the IAFF, includes Unit A (Firefighters, Lieutenants, Captains) and Unit C (Deputy Chiefs) :
- The Needham Police Union which includes Police Officers and Sergeants:
- The Police Superior Officers Association which includes Police Lieutenants:
- The Building Custodian Trades Independent Association (BCTIA) Local 1116 of the Laborers’ International Union of North America, represents Custodians and Trades positions within Department of Public Works:
- The Needham Independent Public Employees Association (NIPEA) represents certain job titles in the Department of Public Works: