• If you have the bill, send a check and the Collector's copy of the bill in the envelope provided. If you don't have the envelope, send it to: Tax Collector, P.O. Box 920636 Needham, MA 02492-0908. Please do not include any correspondence as this address goes directly to the Town's bank.
• If you do not have the bill, send a check with the owner's name, the vehicle's license plate number, the tax period being paid and the amount being paid clearly indicated to: Tax Collector, Town of Needham, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492.
• If you pay your bills via your personal computer, you may use the bill payer option from your own bank account. Please be sure to only reference the Tax Account ID # if you are paying an Excise tax bill. If you include any other verbiage, your payment may be rejected.
• If you want a receipt or need to pay by cash or simply want to pay in person, come to the Needham Town Hall at 1471 Highland Ave, 1st Floor Collector/Treasurer’s Office between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
• If you have been notified by the Registry of Motor Vehicles that you can not renew a license or registration because of unpaid auto excise taxes, you must call the Office of the Deputy Collector @ (781) 828-4219 or visit