Select Board Responsibilities & Goals
- Establishing policies and procedures for the coordination of town government operations.
- Representing the interests of town residents in business dealings, legal affairs, and inter-governmental cooperation with other municipal, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Making appointments to those town boards and committees under its jurisdiction.
- Convening the annual town meeting in May and any special town meetings that may be required, and preparing the Warrant (listing of articles) for town meeting consideration.
- Licensing all food and liquor establishments and transportation companies.
- Appointing the town manager and town counsel.
- Approving appointments recommended by the town manager for the positions of assistant town manager / finance, assistant town manager / personnel, fire chief, police chief, and director of public works.
View the current goals:
FY2023- FY2024 Revised Goals 1.24.2023
FY 2022-FY2023 Select Board Goals. (PDF)
FY 2021-FY2022 goals (PDF)