Needham Youth & Family Services


Needham Youth & Family Services operates as a mental health resource by providing professional and confidential clinical and programmatic services to Needham's youth and their families. We provide support, information, and guidance on a myriad of issues relating to family, social life, peer interactions, stress, substance use, bereavement, pandemic-related challenges and other youth-related concerns. Read more about our clinical services here.

Register for all programs, events and workshops at 

We've switched to a new registration platform on MyRec ( which lists all of the available programs, workshops, and events from Youth & Family Services! Register directly on MyRec and keep up to date with everything that we have going on by clicking Programs on the home page and scrolling to find 'Youth & Family Services Programs'.

Follow us for updates on Facebook at Town of Needham Youth & Family Services and on Instagram @needhamyouthservices!

Now Accepting Nominations

2024 Patrick and Patricia Forde Good Person Memorial Award

Forde 2024

Click here to access a PDF of the nomination form.

We will be accepting nominations until Friday, December 1st, 2023.

Patrick and Patricia were extremely supportive of the work of the Needham Youth and Family Services and understood the importance of families and of the healthy growth of youth. The award was first started in 2006 by Patricia Forde and Needham Youth and Family Services and was call the Patrick C. Forde Good Personal Memorial Award. After Patricia’s death in 2018, the award was renamed the Patrick and Patricia Forde Good Person Memorial Award in an effort to honor both Patrick and Patricia and will be given annually to a Needham resident who embodies their spirits.

This award will recognize an adult in the community who has helped make Needham a better place to live through his/her volunteer work and commitment. The recipient will be a person of high character, a person who has contributed in some significant way to Needham children, youth, and/or families, and a person who has enhanced those with whom they interacted.

Each year a ceremony is held to honor our recipient, and the recipient of this award must:

  • Be a Needham resident
  • Be at least 21 years of age
  • Not be paid for their work with children, youth, and/or families for which they are being nominated

Helpful Information:

Riverside Emergency Services are available by calling 1-800-529-5077. Riverside's locally based emergency services are available 24/7 to help individuals in a mental health crisis and/or with an urgent substance use concern. Riverside's services are an alternative to a hospital emergency room visit.

Massachusetts Behavioral Health Help Line is available by calling or texting 1-833-773-2445. MA BHHL is a 24/7 clinical hotline staffed by trained behavioral health providers and peer coaches who offer clinical assessment, treatment referrals, and crisis triage services. When appropriate, Help Line staff directly connect callers with their nearest Community Based Health Center and perform a warm hand off. The Help Line is available in more than 200 languages, 24/7, 365 days a year. Visit for more info.

MetroWest Care Connection is your hub for health and social services. They can connect you with mental health and substance use services, primary care doctors, and social services such as housing and food. You can speak with a Care Navigator to help connect you to services by calling 1-844-528-6800 or you can use their online tool to search for a wide range of supports

Contact & Social Media Information

Residential Employment Information

Youth can sign up to be hired by Needham residents for various jobs including:

  • Lawn care and leaf raking
  • Snow shoveling
  • Babysitting
  • Odd Jobs
  • Pet-sitting

Please email to sign up!

NEW Work Permit Process for Business Employment:
To apply for and obtain a work permit for business employment, families are directed to visit NHS Web Resources for Jobs page for information, instructions, and links to forms. 

All work permit requests are to be submitted via email to: