On Friday, July 21 the Department of Public Works will be completing roadway rehabilitation along Central Avenue between Reservoir Street to Cedar Street.
Road rehabilitation includes milling the road surface, casting adjustments, and road paving. The work will take about three weeks to complete. Traffic marking where needed are schedule to begin within two weeks after paving is completed.
- Central Avenue will be open to inbound traffic from Needham
- Outbound traffic traveling along Central Avenue will be detoured (Map provided):
- Right onto Hunnewell Street
- Left onto Highland Avenue
- Left onto Oak Street (in Newton)
- Left onto Chestnut Street (in Newton)
- Left onto Eliot Street (in Newton). Eliot Street becomes Central Avenue
- Gould Street will open to residential and business traffic, however there will be no access to Central Avenue
- Webster Street traffic will be detoured down Roscoe and Horace Street. Only a left hand turn onto Central Avenue will be permitted.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com or by phone to the Public Works Department, 781-455-7550