Preparing for Hurricane Henri
Needham residents are urged to prepare for Hurricane Henri this weekend.
The storm, expected to make landfall late Saturday or early Sunday, will bring high winds and heavy rain to the area. The storm may also cause some power outages.
The Needham Department of Public Works will have extra staff on duty to assist residents with emergencies. Public Safety officials are also prepared to assist in emergencies. Use the following phone numbers to report specific issues:
- For all emergencies, call 9-1-1
- To report downed trees/limbs, street debris, or other non-emergency issues, please use SeeClickFix or call 781-455-7550
- To report power outages or other non-emergency electrical issues, call the Eversource Residential Hotline at 800-592-2000. You can also sign up for Text Alerts from Eversource here.
Town officials are continuously monitoring the storm’s track and impact. Here are a few tips to prepare for the storm:
- Check storm drain catch basins and clear any debris from covers to help prevent street flooding.
- Inspect and secure roofs if necessary.
- Clear gutters and downspouts to allow water to drain away from homes.
- Make sure window air conditioners are properly secured or brought inside.
- Secure outdoor patio furniture, grills, sports equipment, pool floats, etc. or bring them inside.
- If basements are prone to flooding, move contents to higher ground and check sump pumps.
- Fully charge cell phones in the event of a power outage.
Updates will be posted to the Town’s Website, Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can also follow Needham DPW’s Facebook and Twitter pages for more.