The current heat advisory shows Needham’s heat index will be above 100 degrees for the next couple of days. Residents can access the Rosemary Recreation Center, the Center at the Heights and the Needham Free Public Library during regular business hours.
Take these steps to prevent heat-related illnesses, injuries, and death during hot weather:
• Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location as much as you can.
• Drink plenty of fluids even if you don’t feel thirsty.
• Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
o Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
o Pace yourself.
• Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
• Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
• Never leave children or pets in cars.
• Check the local news for health and safety updates.
If you are concerned for yourself or someone you know call 781-455-7940 and ask for a public health nurse to help make arrangements.