April 8, 2021 – The Town of Needham and Needham Public Health today provided the following update regarding COVID-19.
State DPH COVID-19 Numbers
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health reports the number of positive cases and deaths daily on the state's COVID-19 dashboard.
Town-specific case numbers are published by the state every Thursday.
- 1,647 Needham cases to date (4/8/2021). This is an increase of 32 cases since the 4/1/21 report.
- Needham is in the YELLOW category this week. Read the state’s Weekly Public Health Report here.
- 139 Coronavirus deaths in Needham to date (4/8/21).
NEEDHAM VACCINE UPDATE
Doses Received to Date
Doses Administered to Date
Doses Scheduled for Distribution
Total Doses Administered or Scheduled
April 19th – Vaccine Eligibility Extends to Everyone 16 And Up
Beginning April 19th, all adults over the age of 16 will be eligible in Massachusetts to receive a Covid-19 vaccine. Currently anyone age 55+ and those with one or more specific medical conditions are eligible. Also currently eligible are:
- health care workers and first responders
- Companions accompanying older residents
- Homebound residents
- K-12 teachers and school staff and early educators
- Grocery store, restaurant and critical infrastructure workers
To prepare for your appointment, you should take the following steps:
- Preregister at VaccineSignUp.mass.gov to be notified when it's your turn to schedule an appointment at one of 7 mass vaccination locations: Hynes Convention Center, Gillette Stadium, Reggie Lewis Center, DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, Natick Mall and former Circuit City in Dartmouth. Once you sign up for preregistration, you’ll receive weekly status updates. You can opt out at any time if you find an appointment elsewhere. Once an appointment is available, you’ll be contacted with the opportunity to book the appointment and have 24 hours to accept it.
- Use VaxFinder.mass.gov to search for appointments at pharmacies, health care providers, and other community locations.
State Adds Two Regional Sites to Pre-Registration System
Beginning this week, those who pre-register for a vaccine through the state’s pre-registration website will also have access to regional collaboratives in Marshfield and Amherst. The Governor said he expects additional regional sites to be added soon.