September 19, 2019
Needham Town Hall
1471 Highland Ave
Needham, MA 02492
Needham Human Rights Committee Agenda
Thursday, September 19, 2019
Needham Human Rights Committee
September 19, 2019 7:30pm
Highland Room, Town Hall
- Approval of Minutes from June 20, 2019 meeting.
- Public participation
- Special Guest: John Bulian, Needham Select Board
- Clarifying charge of NHRC
- Old Business
- PATH event on human trafficking—January 2020
- Does NHRC wish to co-sponsor this event?
- Community event in conjunction with NHS grant from Metrowest Foundation
- Community Response Network—on hold.
- New Business
- Project Over Zero—community dialogue
- Evening with Sean Ellis: Former NHS Student Exonerated Following Murder Conviction to hear the rest of Sean’s story, now that he has been fully exonerated, to celebrate his long overdue exoneration, and to raise awareness about wrongful convictions.
- Does the NHRC wish to co-sponsor this event?
- Remain member of the Needham Coalition for Trans Equality?
- Rethinking subcommitees:
- NHRC substantive statements
- Town Issues
- Needham Public Schools
- Needham High School (Jared)
Upcoming meeting dates:
Rec'd and Posted by the Town Clerks Office on 9/16/2019 @9:25 AM