Needham Youth & Family Services
Youth & Family Services is open to the public.
- Resources to help during this crisis can be found here.
- Riverside Emergency Services are also available by calling, 800-529-5077
Programs & Activities:
Contact & Social Media Information
- Department Email: NeedhamYouth@needhamma.gov
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/NeedhamYouthServices
- Instagram: @needhamyafs
- Twitter: @Needham_Youth
Youth Residential Employment sign-up:
NEW Work Permit Process :
Families are directed to visit NHS Web Resources for Jobs page for information, instructions, and links to forms.
All work permit requests are to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A message from our Youth & Family Services Team:
COVID 19 has greatly impacted all of us as we cope with the new “normal” of social distancing and living in fear. Some people are feeling isolated and have lost their support systems, others are struggling with increased stress, depression and suicidal thoughts, people are adjusting to being unemployed, working from home or working out of the home and being in constant fear of contracting the virus. This can be a particularly difficult time for people struggling with substance abuse or who are in unsupportive relationships as contact outside of the home is limited.
There are a number of things you can do to cope with these stressors. Some of these include:
- Focus on reliable information and take time to unplug. The constant focus on the pandemic is not healthy and can increase these symptoms of mental illness.
- Take time to connect to loved ones and your support systems via phone/videos. There are also a number of online support groups (Please see our resource list)
- Understand and focus on what you can control and taking steps to ensure your safety by practicing social distancing and hygiene recommendations.
- If possible, take time for self-care. Read a book, take a bath, go for a run or engage in mindfulness or meditation.
- Engage in positive community efforts such as chalking your walk, putting up holiday lights or hanging a teddy bear in the window.
Youth & Family Services knows that this is a particularly difficult time for people and that despite these efforts, people may need extra support. We have put together a resources list for everyone to access needed services. In addition, we are here to help and can help talk through struggles you may be experiencing.
Please reach out to us at 781-898-5132 if you are feeling like you need additional supports. We have clinical staff available to talk and help guide you through this. Remember, you are not alone. Needham is a strong community and we will get through this together.