About the Active Recreation Assets Working Group
The Active Recreation Assets Working Group was established by the Select Board in October 2022 to serve in an advisory capacity to guide the Town in space planning for the future of active recreational opportunities in Needham. The working group will evaluate existing Town-owned assets, identify assets for potential future acquisition, identify unmet needs for active recreation, and review space requirements for each.
The Active Recreation Assets Working Group will:
- Seek public input to identify unmet active recreation needs including but not limited to action sports parks, pickle ball, tennis, basketball, Charles River access, and off leash dog areas.
- Determine asset requirements for each unmet need.
- Inventory the Town’s existing assets (land and structures) for potential active recreation use.
- Identify assets for potential future acquisition for active recreation use.
- Evaluate opportunities and challenges of existing and potential assets.
- Prioritize unmet needs and make recommendations for future action including funding considerations and action steps.
Active Recreation Assets Working Group Materials
Agendas, Agenda Packets, Minutes
Off Leash Dog Survey Results March 2023
The Active Recreation Assets Working Group consists of nine appointed members, to include one at-large Needham resident, who will serve through the duration of Fiscal Year 2023.
Emails can be sent to OTM@needhamma.gov with a subject line "Active Recreation".