Support for Small Businesses During COVID-19
COVID-19 Information for local business can be found here.
- Employee positive case
- Employee is a close contact
Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program: This program provides loans for entities with 500 or fewer employees (possible exceptions to this requirement) experiencing hardships resulting from the COVID-19. The application can be done online by clicking here.
Two documents provide information about the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program:
- EIDL Application Form – The form near the top of the first page has a link “Click Here” if the loan request is related to COVID-19. Click the link and the online application will appear.
- EIDL Information Guide – This document provides general information about the program.
To contact the SBA regarding general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information regarding disaster relief programing, please call 1-800-659-2955 or email at email@example.com. If you are looking to contact the Boston district office, please call 617-565-5590.
State Resources: Various agencies should be used as resources for additional information.
- MEMA’s Emergency Operations Center’s Private Sector Hotline: This program through MEMA offers a hotline for questions regarding various state programs and offer resources on federal programs. For assistance and information, please contact the hotline at 508-820-2094.
- The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development: This state department offers resources for businesses related to employee benefits and will post additional guidance as it becomes available. Programs for business health and layoff avoidance include the following two programs:
- WorkShare Program: This program through the Department of Unemployment Assistance will provide help employers avoid layoffs during a downturn. For assistance, please contact the program at 617-626-5521.
- Rapid Response Program: This program through the Department of Unemployment Assistance will work closely with a business to avert layoffs by developing tailored plans and procedures. To contact the program, please call or email Ken Messina, Business Services Manager at the Statewide Office, (617) 626-5703, firstname.lastname@example.org or Chuck Bennett, Rapid Response Coordinator II at the Boston/Metro North Region, (617) 620-4695, email@example.com.