Starting June 1st librarians will be available to take requests for curbside pick up. Call 781-455-7559 x 2 Monday - Friday 9-5:30 to speak to Reference librarian. Please have your card ready when you call.
Limit of 5 items per card number.
All items must be available in Needham, check the catalog at find.minlib.net to see what's on our shelves before you call.
No holds can be placed at this time.
We're looking forward to seeing you soon!
Needham Free Public Library Closed as a Precaution Against COVID-19
The Needham Free Public Library and Needham Public Health announce that the Library will be closed for the foreseeable future. This is an effort to practice social distancing, which helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
During this time, patrons will be unable to access the library or check items out of the library. We understand that closing the library is an inconvenience for the many individuals and families who rely on the services provided. We also know that it is a gathering space for many people in the community. Thank you for understanding and for your patience during this time.
Staff will be available Monday-Friday 9 am – 5pm to answer reference questions. We now have the ability to change your passwords and card expiration dates to allow you to access the online databases. Please call in at 781-455-7559 ext. 218 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or by email at email@example.com.
The Needham Free Public Library has opened its book and audiovisual return slots located at the Rosemary Street Parking Lot entrance to the library. At this time, please do not put items being donated to the Friends in the return slots.
Common Questions and Resource Information
- Online resources available 24/7
- Check out our Children’s Activities at Home, free resources for children and adults webpage, with free resources specifically during this time.
- Check our Facebook for updates involving videos, poetry and other activities we are providing during this challenging time.
- An updated edition of Library Notes – Covid-19 issue is available here. Please use the library notes for more specific instructions regarding some of our more popular services such as Libby by Overdrive, Rbdigital, and Tumblebooks, among others
- Due dates automatically changed/extended
- Fines waived during this time
- Holds are frozen
- No library card will expire until May 31
- eCards are available if you’ve never had a library card to access our e-resources! Please sign up using a valid email address. Your temporary barcode and username will be emailed to you.
Mon, Jun 1
Tue, Jun 2