Residential Employment Program
For over twenty years, Needham Youth & Family Services has played an active role in linking youth with employment opportunities in the Needham community. Our Residential Employment Program assists young people in obtaining residential employment by helping residents who require help for various jobs and tasks around their homes. In turn, residents looking to hire youth for a specific job are able to contact the office to receive a list.
Want an easy way to earn money in the community? We've got you covered!
Read below on how you can get involved with our Residential Employment Program.
Prior to using our Employment Program, there are several important items to keep in mind:
As a resident looking to hire:
Residents may request a list of youth by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 781-455-7500 ext 267. Residents may also stop by the Youth & Family Services office in Town Hall to obtain a physical copy.
- The Employment Program does not screen any applications or individuals; we act simply as a clearing house and information source.
- It is up to you to contact the individual and make all the necessary arrangements, which should include what you are willing to pay.
- Be specific about the job - be clear about what is needed, the estimated amount of time to complete the job, etc.
- Try to be fair in your dealings with youth. Remember they are still in school during the day.
- It is your choice to enforce social distancing and/or mask wearing while interacting, if that is your preference. Please discuss your preferences in your initial conversations with youth.
As a youth looking to join the Residential Employment Program:
Youth must be between the ages of 12-18 in order to participate. Youth must register with us by completing the Residential Employment Form and having a parent/guardian sign the Parent Permission Waiver and Release.
Youth can email email@example.com , call 781-455-7500 ext 267 or visit the Youth Services office in Town Hall to get the process started.
Please note for employment in business settings:
Youth & Family Services is no longer handling work permits and working papers. All work permits and work-permit related questions must be directed to Needham Public Schools through visiting their website: https://nhs.needham.k12.ma.us/for_students/job_resource