Mutual Support Meetings for Recovery from Substance Use Disorder
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Official website outlining the Alcoholics Anonymous mission of fellowship for men and women to support each other in their goal to stay sober and help others achieve sobriety
- Local AA meetings and information https://aaemass.org/area30/
- Narcotics Anonymous - Official website outlining the Narcotics Anonymous mission of fellowship for men and women to support each other in their goal to stay drug-free
- Phone: 866-624-3578
- Faulkner Hospital - Addiction Recovery Groups: Early Recovery and Relapse Prevention.
- Jamaica Plain - 617-983-7908
- In the Rooms - a global recovery community
- SMART Recovery - SMART was created for people seeking a self-empowering way to overcome addictive problems.
Addiction Recovery Management Services (ARMS) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
The ARMS supports youth and young adults, ages 15-25 (and their families) who are engaged in substance use / abuse, providing comprehensive assessment services, treatment resources, and recovery support services. A clinician / coach is assigned to provide parents with factual information on substance use, guidelines on identifying signs of abuse, support in navigating appropriate resources for at risk youth and strategies to enhance family dynamics. For more information visit MA General ARMS or Call 617-643-4669
Support Groups for Family Members of People Struggling with Substance Use Disorder
- ALANON / ALATEEN Local Group Meetings - Official website outlining the Alanon mission of learning the facts about alcoholism as an illness and how it has impacted their lives physically and emotionally.
- Needham Parent Al-Anon meeting: Monday nights at 7:00pm Meet in Church Library. Park in lot behind church , look for door with meeting sign Families and Friends Only 1154 Great Plain Ave Needham, MA
- Faulkner Hospital - Adult Children of Alcoholic / Self Esteem
- Jamaica Plain - 617-983-7908
- Massachusetts Substance Use Disorder Information and Referral Helpline - Referral agency for substance abuse support services: Inpatient, outpatient, and residential programs; along with self-help and family group meeting 1-800-327-5050 or 617-292-5065
- Samaritan's Suicide Prevention Hotline - 617-247-0220
- Rape Crisis Hotline - 1-800-870-5905
- Battered Women's Hotline - 1-800-899-4000
- The Trevor Project - The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning) young people.
Counseling Support Services - Outpatient Substance Abuse
- The Hallowell Center, specializes in diagnosing and treating cognitive and emotional conditions that prevent people from achieving their maximum potential; treating both children and adults. Call 781-726-6698 or fax 781-726-6725 for more information.
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Associates - Wellesley - Youth, Adults, and Families - Multi-disciplinary Mental Health Services including individual counseling and psychopharmacology. Suite A: 781-239-350, Suite B: 781-239-1093, Suite C: 781-489-2300
- Dana Group - Needham Youth and Adults - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual and group counseling for anxiety, depression, stress, and neuropsychological assessments.
For intake contact Bob Maron - 781-449-1143
- Genesis - Framingham Youth and Adults - Substance Abuse
Individual counseling, primarily substance abuse educational three week program, ongoing substance treatment groups, DUI Level 1 and 2 approved programs, BCBSPPO only, all state insurances groups not covered $35 per session. Accepts MassHealth, BCBSPPO Only.
- Needham Psychotherapy Associates - Needham Youth and Adult - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual counseling, mental health, anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Project Interface - Youth and Adult mental health services - a community resource and referral HELPLINE. Callers receive professional, personalized counseling referrals matched for location, specialty and insurance or fee requirements.
Available: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 617-332-3666 ext. 411
- Sameem Associates Newton Youth and Adult - Substance Abuse and Mental Health
Individual counseling, groups for alcohol and drugs.
Call 617-964-1060 to reach Intake Coordinators Matt Green (male clients) or Joan Green (female clients)
- Faulker Hospital Addiction Recovery Program - Substance abuse assessment, inpatient detoxification, partial outpatient treatment (full day and evening treatment) dual diagnosis outpatient day treatment, individual counseling, group counseling and family support services
Karen Campbell - Outpatient 617- 983-7908 Inpatient Detox- 617-983-7000
- Riverside Community Care - 24 hour mobile psychiatric crisis evaluation and intervention 1-800-529-5077
- Riverside Community Care- Needham Youth and Adults -Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Individual counseling as well as psychopharmacology. Accepts private insurance or on a sliding scale. Contact: Intake Coordinator, Kelly Jarvis - 617-969-4925
- Newton Wellesley Hospital - 24 Hour Emergency Room Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Services - 617-243-6193
- Caritas Norwood Hospital - 24 Hour Emergency Room Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Services - 781-769-2950
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - 24 Hour General Crisis Care Emergency Room - 781-543-3000
- The Recovery Month websites aims to promote the societal benefits of alcohol and drug use disorder treatment, laud the contributions of treatment providers, and promote the message that recovery from alcohol and drug disorders in all its forms is possible.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment (SAMHSA) This searchable directory of drug and alcohol treatment programs shows the location of facilities locally and around the country that treat alcoholism, alcohol abuse, and drug abuse problems, including residential treatment centers, outpatient treatment programs, and hospital inpatient programs for drug addiction and alcoholism. Listings include treatment programs for marijuana, cocaine, and heroin addiction, as well as drug and alcohol treatment programs for adolescents and adults.
Helpful Websites on Substance Abuse
- Office of National Drug Control Policy website - The official White House website on drug use and abuse and the criminal justice system
- Drug information and facts, education materials, curriculum guides, classroom tools, more
- Alcohol use screening tool