August 20, 2019
Needham Town Hall
Note: Agenda subject to revision, start times are approximate and
agenda items may be discussed at earlier or later times.
6:15 Executive Session- Exception 3: Collective Bargaining Fire Union; Exception 6: Purchase, Exchange, Lease or Value of Real Property
6:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Select Board’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 7:00 Public Hearings: Eversource Grant of Locations- Richard Road, Central Avenue (2), and Chestnut Street
• Maureen Carroll, Eversource Energy
2. 7:00 Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund – Box Art Project
• Paul Good, Chair, Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund (NCRTF)
3. 7:15 Director of DPW
• Sign Notice of Traffic Regulation- Garden Street
• Sign Notice of Traffic Regulation- Great Plain Avenue
• Sign Notice of Traffic Regulation- Dedham Avenue
• Sign Notice of Traffic Regulation- Pickering Street
4. 7:20 Great Plain Avenue Signal Report – Greenman-Pederson, Inc. (GPI)
• John Diaz, Greenman-Pederson, Inc. (GPI)
5. 7:40 Amend Ambulance Mileage Rate
• David Davison, Assistant Town Manager/Director of Finance
6. 7:45 Town Manager
• Accept and Refer Zoning
• Open Special Town Meeting Warrant
7. 8:00 Board Discussion
• Town Manager Performance Evaluation
• Adopt FY2020 – 2021 Goals
• Committee Reports
1. Ashly Scheufele Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund (term expires 6/30/2022)
2. Bill Dermody Needham Community Television Development Corporation (term expires 6/30/2022)
3. Kevin Deisz Technology Advisory Board (term expires 6/30/2022)
4. Election Workers See attached.
1. Accept the following donation made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $1500 from Needham Public Library.
2. Approve request for new anchor banners on the light poles on Chapel Street. The new banner design, which encourages viewers to eat and shop local, is being sponsored by the Newton Needham Chamber and will replace the existing Experience Local banners which are worn.
3. Accept $2,000 donation by Paramount Pictures to the Town to benefit Senior Center activities.
4. Accept donation of a used spinet piano for use in the “Pianos in the Park” program by Lynne Petrini.
5. Approve a 20B Exemption for Suzanne Eaton who is an employee at the Needham High School as the High School Swim and Lacrosse coach to engage in summertime work with the Park and Recreation Department as an Activity Instructor for the High School Conditioning Swim & Dive program.
6. Approve minutes of July 23, 2019 and August 9, 2019 meetings.
7. Approve a 20B Exemption for Laurie Kraemer who is an employee at the Newman Elementary School as a Teaching Assistant to engage in work with the Needham Police Department as a Crossing Guard.
8. Approve updated Interim Rules & Regulations for the Use of Memorial Park Fieldhouse.
9. Accept a donation of a 6x10 nylon flag to fly at Avery Square from Ted Shaughnessy, a Needham resident.
10. Water & Sewer Abatement Order #1278
11. Approve and sign one day alcohol service suspension due to alcohol compliance violations for: Needham Cabot Concessions d/b/a Sheraton Needham for Sunday, September 8, 2019.
12. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Name Address Party Location PartyDate PartyRain Date PartyTime
Dale McCarthy 72 Stevens Road Stevens Road 9/7/19 9/22/19 4pm-6pm
Christine Holland 104 Newell Ave. Corner of Newell / Prospect 9/7/19 9/8/19 4pm-8pm
Liv Nash 200 Great Plain Ave. 38 Ellicott Street 9/8/19 N/A 1pm-3pm
Jodi Williams 48 Ardmore Road 48-84 Ardmore Rd 9/14/19 9/15/19 2pm-6pm
Kate Deeley 61 Kenney Street Barbara Rd & Lois Lane 9/14/19 9/15/19 3pm-9pm
Cindy Osgood 27 Laurel Drive Lower Laurel 9/14/19 9/15/19 3:30pm-9pm
Eric Kaplan 33 Elmwood Road Elmwood Rd between Fuller and Lancaster 9/14/19 9/21/19 4pm-7pm
Anna Margulian 233 Country Way 233 Country Way 9/15/19 N/A 4pm-8pm
Lauren Soper 32 Mark Lee Rd Elbow of Alfreton between Webster and Mark Lee 9/21/19 N/A 12pm-7pm
Elizabeth Gregg 1306 Great Plain Ave Curve Street 9/21/19 9/22/19 3pm-6pm
Brenda Salamone 41 Rae Avenue 18 Fairfax Road 9/29/19 N/A 4pm-7pm