The Needham Board of Health yesterday voted unanimously to adopt an emergency order requiring individuals to wear face coverings in all buildings in Needham.
The order seeks to limit the spread of COVID-19 by requiring the use of face coverings in a variety of settings including businesses, work sites, and government buildings. The use of face coverings is also required in the common areas of commercial and residential building complexes. The requirement applies to employees as well as to customers, visitors, and the general public. The order takes effect at 6:01 am Friday, May 1, 2020 and remains in effect through June 16, 2020.
The order is attached.
The Town has created a webpage with information about the face covering order, how to make a homemade mask, proper wear and care of your mask and mask dos and don’ts.
How to Properly Wear and Care for Your Homemade Mask
Lots of people are learning to make their own homemade masks or are now wearing those made by friends and family. To make sure you’re wearing the mask properly and to keep it in good condition, here are a few important tips:
1) Put your name on it. Don’t share!
2) If your mask has pleats, pull the top and bottom parts of the mask apart to enlarge it
3) Put the elastic around your ears
4) If your mask has a wire in the top seam, mold the top of the mask to fit your nose and cheeks.
5) Your mask should cover your nose and mouth at all times
How to remove the mask after wearing it:
1) Wash hands thoroughly
2) Be very careful! Remove by the elastic. Do not touch the outside of the mask. Imagine it is covered in glitter that you don’t want to get all over you or scattered about the house.
3) Remove mask. Place face down on paper towel
4) Put mask in hot wash.
5) Wash hands again thoroughly
NOTE: Homemade masks are not FDA approved. They will not completely protect you from COVID-19. They provide light protection and remind you not to touch your face. They also help prevent the spread of germs from you to others. Your mask protects others. The masks of others protect you.