September 22, 2020
Zoom meeting Id#89093905788
Needham, MA 02492
SELECT BOARD revised Agenda: 9/22/20
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
6:00 p.m. September 22, 2020
Needham Town Hall
Under Governor Baker’s emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law G.L. c. 30A, S20”, issued March 12, 2020 and in effect until termination of the emergency, meetings of public bodies may be conducted virtually provided that adequate access is provided to the public.
To listen and view this virtual meeting on a phone, computer, laptop, or tablet, download the “Zoom Cloud Meeting” app in any app store or at www.zoom.us. At the above date and time, click on “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting 8909305788
or click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89093905788.
5:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 5:45 and 6:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. Because of planning constraints during the COVID emergency, residents wishing to speak during that time should call the Select Board Office at (781)-455-7500, extension 204, not later than 3PM on the business day before the meeting to request an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities tor participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 6:00 Public Hearing: Eversource Energy Grant of Location- Central Avenue
• Maureen Carroll, Eversource Energy Representative
2. 6:00 Public Hearing: Uncontrollable Dog
• Open and Continue Dog Hearing
3. 6:05 Introduce Economic Development Manager
• Katie King, Assistant Town Manager
4. 6:15 Recognition of Rick Merson, Director of Public Works
5. 6:45 School Opening Update
• Dan Gutekanst, Superintendent of Schools
6. 6:45 CPC Warrant Article Discussion
• Peter Pingitore, CPC Chair
• Carys Lustig, CPC Liaison
7. 7:00 Citizens Petition Warrant Article
• Noah Mertz, Petitioner
8. 7:15 Town Manager
• Needham Unite Against Racism Initiative Update
• Special Town Meeting: Positions on Warrant Articles
• Extend Authorization for Local Outdoor Dining Alcoholic Licensing Approval & Fee Waiver
• Free 2-Hour Downtown Parking
• Town Manager’s Report
9. 7:30 Board Discussion
• Committee Reports
CONSENT AGENDA *=Backup attached
1. Accept an $8,000 donation made to the Needham Health Department’s Interface Referral Service from Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital – Needham Campus.
2. Accept a $20,000 donation made to the Needham Council on Aging Services Donation Account from the Friends of the Center at the Heights, Inc.
3.* Accept a donation from the League of Women Voters of a public art installation on the Needham Town Common to honor the people and events that had a role in the women’s suffrage movement. The display will be up from October 16, 2020 through October 30, 2020. The League of Women Voters would like to donate this art installation to the Town of Needham in honor of the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th amendment and the founding of the League of Women Voters. Materials used for this display are valued at $150, not including the many hours of labor for production and assembly from dedicated League and community members.
4. Accept a $1,000 donation made to the Needham Health Department’s Traveling Meals Program from the Darshana Thakore Family Fund.
5. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $586 from Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce and $250 from Marcus Hughes.
6.* Water and Sewer Abatement Order #1296
Rec'd and posted by the Town Clerks Office on 9/18/2020 @ 2:43 PM, revised Agenda Posted 9/22/20 @3:46 PM