Could you please post a meeting for the Select Board on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 at 6:45 p.m. in Powers Hall at Town Hall, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham. See below for the agenda.
October 16, 2019
Needham Town Hall
Note: Agenda subject to revision, start times are approximate and
agenda items may be discussed at earlier or later times.
6:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Select Board’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 7:00 Eversource Grant of Locations: (Maureen Carroll, Eversource Energy)
• Nevada Road
• Greendale Avenue
2. 7:00 Verizon Grant of Location- Briarwood Circle
• Karen Levesque, Verizon Representative
3. 7:30 Public Hearing: Green Communities
4. 8:30 Town Manager
• Special Town Meeting Warrant
• MPO Annual Election
5. 8:45 Board Discussion
• Housing Choices Bill
• Committee Reports
1. Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund Marcus Hughes (term expires 6/30/2022)
2. Traffic Management Advisory Committee Lieutenant John McGrath (term expires 6/30/2020)
3. Historical Commission Dylan Attia (term expires 6/30/2022)
4. Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund Dylan Attia (term expires 6/30/2022)
CONSENT AGENDA *=Backup attached
1. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Aging Services Donation Account: $100 from Calvin & Janyce Lee, of Needham; and $45 from Antonio & Mary Louise Manzon, of Needham.
2. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Public Health Division’s Substance Prevention Alliance of Needham (SPAN): $500 from Dedham Savings Bank; and $150 from Louise Condon Realty.
3. Approve revised Select Board Policy BOS-LIC-001 Carry-In Alcoholic Beverages Regulations for Common Victualler’s Licenses which, although rescinded, contains language for the one grandfathered establishment that would require staff training regulations similar to those required of Section 12 licensees.
4. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund: $250 from Needham Bank and $1218.80 from Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
5. Approve a Special One Day Wines and Malt Beverages License for Chris Brinkhaus, of St. Sebastian’s School to host its Alumni Dinner on October 24, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The event will be held in Ward Hall at St. Sebastian’s School, 1191 Greendale Avenue, Needham.
6. Approve a 20B Exemption for Matthew Gnieski who is an employee at the Needham High School as a Graphic Design Intern to engage in work with the Park and Recreation Department as an Activity Instructor for the Ice Skating Program.
7. Accept a donation of LEGOS (estimated value of $350) made to the Needham Park and Recreation Commission from Susan Tanner, a Needham resident. The LEGOS will be used at Park and Recreation Programs.
8. Accept the following donations made to the Needham Park and Recreation Commission for the Children’s Theatre and Arts in the Parks Summer Series: $31 on-site donations for Children’s Theatre; $444 on-site donations for Arts in the Parks.
9. Approve minutes of July 2, 2019 Joint meeting with the Planning Board.
10. Approve open session minutes of September 24, 2019 and October 1, 2019.
11. Water & Sewer Abatement Order #1282
12. Grant approval for the Newton Needham Regional Chamber to conduct the Blue Tree Lighting on the Town Common on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
13. Approve request from Trustees of Memorial Park to bring the Wall That Heals to Needham for the period of either 6/18/2020 through 6/21/2020 or 6/25/2020 through 6/28/2020.
14. Approve Certificate of Appreciation for Ely Kaplansky who has been nominated for The Immigrant Learning Center’s eight annual 2019 Barry M. Portnoy Immigrant Entrepreneur Award in the category of Business Growth.
15. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Name Address Party Location Party Date Party Rain Date Party Time
Alison Premo (previously approved, date changed) 354 Brookline St Brookline Street 10/26/19 N/A 4pm-5pm