September 10, 2019
Needham Town Hall
Note: Agenda subject to revision, start times are approximate and
agenda items may be discussed at earlier or later times.
6:45 Informal Meeting with Citizens
One or more members of the Select Board will be available between 6:45 and 7:00 p.m. for informal discussion with citizens. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the Select Board’s Office at (781) 455-7500 extension 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the Board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
1. 7:00 Town Manager
• Close October 28, 2019 Special Town Meeting Warrant
• Project Update
2. 7:10 Board Discussion
• Committee Reports – Memorial Park
• Committee Reports – Chapter 40B Housing Guidelines
• Committee Reports – General
1. Historical Commission Laura Dorfman (term expires 6/30/2022)
1. Accept a $265 donation made to the Needham Public Health Division’s Gift of Warmth Program from the First Baptist Church in Needham.
2. Approve a request from the Needham Running Club to hold its annual New Year’s Day 5K road race on Monday, January 1, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The race application has been approved by the following departments: DPW, Police, Fire and Park and Recreation.
3. Approve a One Day Special Wines & Malt Beverages License for Anne-Marie Bajwa of the Charles River Center to host its Charles River Center 5K Run/Walk after party on September 22, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The event will be held at the Charles River Center, 59 E. Militia Heights Drive, Needham.
4. Approve a Special One Day Wines and Malt Beverages License for Susan Shaver, of the Needham Community Farm to host its Needham Community Farm Annual Harvest Celebration & Auction event on Sunday, October 27, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The event will be held in Powers Hall, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham.
5. Approve a 20B Exemption for Stephanie Magni who is an employee at the Needham High School as a Needham High School Teaching Assistant and Needham Varsity Softball and Field Hockey coach engage in work with the Park and Recreation Department as an Activity Instructor for the Intro to Field Hockey Program.
6. Approve a 20B Exemption for Dina Hannigan who is an employee at the Needham High School as the Freshman Field Hockey coach to engage in work with the Park and Recreation Department as an Activity Instructor for the Intro to Field Hockey Program.
7. Accept a $6,000 donation made to the Needham Public Health Division’s Interface Referral Services Program from the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital- Needham.
8. Approve request from Park and Recreation Commission to host their annual “Spooky Walk” on Saturday, October 19, 2019 which commences on Town Common at 10:00 am, with a rain date of Saturday, October 26, 2019.
9. Approve a request from Highrock Church Metrowest to hold its “Jog for Joy” 5K road event on December 8, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The race application has been approved by the following departments: DPW, Police, Fire, and Park and Recreation.
10. Water & Sewer Abatement Order #1279
11. Approve a One Day Special Wines & Malt Beverages license for Kalin Mitov of the New England Open, who is hosting its Ballroom Dance event on September
21, 2019 from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The event will be held in Powers Hall at Town Hall, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham.
12. Grant permission for the following residents to hold block parties:
Name Address Party Location PartyDate Party Rain Date Party Time
Emily Sloat 30 Mayflower Rd Mayflower Road 9/7/19 9/8/19 3:30pm-10pm
Ida Gorenburg 178 Richardson Dr. Richardson Dr. & Stonehurst 9/8/19 N/A 3pm-7pm
James Rochford 74 Rolling Lane Rolling Lane 9/14/19 N/A 3pm-8pm
Liz Lawlor 76 Howland Street Pleasant Street 9/14/19 9/15/19 4pm-7pm
Carina O’Neill 75 Kimball Street Kimball between Grant & Lincoln St. 9/15/19 9/22/19 4pm-8pm
Jeffrey Cohen 48 Redington Road 48 & 51 Redington 9/15/19 9/22/19 4:30pm-6:30pm
Kara Collin 57 Broadmeadow Rd Broadmeadow Rd (Greendale end) 9/21/19 9/22/19 3pm-10pm
Laura Rosen 25 Bennington St Bennington St 9/21/19 N/A 5pm-7:30pm
Lori Whyte Fernandez 19 Bradford Street Cleveland Road 9/22/19 9/29/19 4:30pm-6:30pm
Jessica Karlin 36 Wilshire Park 30 Wilshire Park 9/22/19 N/A 4pm-8pm
Sue Pouliot 54 Eaton Road 54 Eaton Road 9/28/19 9/29/19 4pm-8pm
Beth Champagne 37 Ware Road Ware Road 9/28/19 9/29/19 3pm-9pm
Adriano Varano 30 Bonwood Road 30 Bonwood Road 10/5/19 N/A 3pm-9pm
Rhonda Silva 7 Berkshire Road 34 Berkshire Road 10/5/19 10/6/19 3pm-7pm
Julie Dananberg 36 Rosemary Street Rosemary Street between Webster & Highland 10/6/19 N/A 3:30pm-6:30pm
Kevin Keane 88 Lexington Ave. Burnside Rd (between Lexington and Concord) 10/19/19 N/A 6pm-9pm
Jill Cotter 15 Holland Street Holland Street 9/22/19 10/6/2019 4pm-7:30pm
Amy Hurley 154 South Street Needhamdale Ave. 9/22/19 N/A 4pm-8pm
Denise Arrondo 21 Prince Street Prince Street 9/28/19 9/29/19 4pm-8pm
Jill Oetheimer 75 Coolidge Ave. Coolidge Ave. 9/22/19 10/5/19 4pm-7:30pm
Revised by the Town Town Clerks Office on 9/10/2019 @11:56 AM