HONE Advisory Group
To provide comments to HONE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appendix 7 from the Town's 2021 Housing Plan acted as a starting off point for HONE. You may review it here.
Housing Needham (HONE) Advisory Group
The Housing Needham (HONE) Advisory Group was established jointly by the Select Board and Planning Board in 2023. The group will lead the community engagement process to create multi-family zoning that complies with the MBTA Communities Act (MGL c.40A Section 3A). The group will advise the Select Board and Planning Board on proposed zoning to bring to Town Meeting in 2024, informed by their individual expertise, group deliberations, and feedback received from the public.
The Housing Needham (HONE) Advisory Group will:
- Lead a broad public engagement effort for the Needham community to envision and shape zoning to allow multi-family housing that complies with the MBTA Communities Act.
- Utilize the recommendations in the Town of Needham’s 2022 Housing plan as a starting point.
- Evaluate build-outs, projections, and analyses of fiscal, school enrollment, and infrastructure impacts provided by staff and consultants.
- Consider related zoning elements that are allowed, but not required under the MBTA Communities Act, including but not limited to inclusionary zoning (affordable housing requirements) and parking minimums.
- Update the Select Board, Planning Board and Finance Committee throughout the process on group deliberations and community feedback.
|Heidi Frail||Co-Chair, Select Board Member/Select Board||2023||2024|
|Natasha Espada||Co-Chair, Planning Board Member/Planning Board||2023||2024|
|Kevin Keane||Select Board Member/Select Board||2023||2024|
|Jeanne McKnight||Planning Board Member/Planning Board||2023||2024|
|Joshua Levy||Finance Committee Member/Select Board||2023||2024|
|Ron Ruth||Architect, Land Use Planner, Land Use Attorney, or Real Estate Developer/Planning Board||2023||2024|
|Bill Lovett||Architect, Land Use Planner, Land Use Attorney, or Real Estate Developer/Planning Board||2023||2024|
|Elizabeth Kaponya||Renter/Select Board||2023||2024|
|Michael Diener||At-Large/Select Board||2023||2024|