Transportation Planning and Review Committee
|Legal Reference:||Select Board Goal|
|Appointing Authority:||Select Board|
|Number of Voting Members:||Nine (9)|
|Term of Appointment:||Six (6) Months|
|Special Municipal Employee:||Yes|
|Staff Support:||Town Manager/Designee, Director of Public Works/Designee, Director of Planning & Community Development/Designee|
*** Committee Membership Currently in Formation ***
Composition: Nine (9) voting members:
- Two (2) current Select Board Members*
- One (1) current member of the Transportation Committee
- One (1) current member of the Rail Trail Advisory Committee
- One (1) current member of the Traffic Management Advisory Committee
- One (1) representative appointed by the Planning Board
- The Town’s Designated Representative to the MBTA Advisory Board
- The Town’s Designated Representative to the Regional Transportation Advisory Council
- The Town Moderator or Designated Representative
The Transportation Planning & Review Committee (TPRC) shall guide the Town evaluating the existing structure in place for transportation planning and make recommendations to the Select Board.
Charge: The TPRC shall:
- Review the Town’s existing committee structure including the Transportation Committee, Traffic Management Advisory Committee, and Rail Trail Advisory Committee, and identify areas of need not presently covered like Complete Streets.
- Recommend for adoption to the Select Board and/or Town Meeting a new committee structure, if appropriate.
- If a new committee structure is recommended, the TPRC will recommend a charge and composition for any structure that is proposed.
Charge Adopted: [DATE] Charge Revised:
SME Status Voted: TBD
*Per M.G.L. Ch. 268A Sec. 1(n), the Select Board Members serving on TPRC cannot claim SME status, even though the TPRC Committee, as an entity, is designated as such.