Park & Recreation
05/22/2020 - Public Tennis Courts, Parks and Field
Click here for PDF of the full reopening plan.
During Phase 1 the following areas and services will be reopened with specific guidelines for each area and service outlined below:
- Public Tennis Courts with limited play
- DeFazio Athletic Track
- Athletic Fields and Parks for passive, no contact, recreation
During Phase 1 the following areas and services will not be reopened or permitted:
- Basketball Courts
- Permitted Gatherings or Organized sports and activities
- Spray Deck
- The Pools at the Rosemary Recreation Complex
- The multi-purpose room at the Rosemary Recreation Complex
Residents of Needham should wear a face covering outside when 6 feet of social distancing cannot be achieved. Park Bathrooms will not be opened during phase 1.
05/26/2020 - In-person appointments with Park and Recreation
The Park and Recreation Office will be open to the public June 1, 2020 by appointment only.
Individuals wishing to make appointments for in-person service can email email@example.com or call the Park and Recreation office to schedule an appointment. Because we continue to operate with some employees working from home as the state has required, if you are unable to reach us, please leave a voicemail and we will call you back as soon as possible. Our number is 781-455-7930.
Registrations can be mailed to the Park and Recreation office or dropped in the drop box by the front door at the Rosemary Recreation Complex (RRC) or at Town Hall on Garrity Way.
The mailing address for the Park and Recreation office is: 178 Rosemary Street, Needham, MA 02494.
05/08/2020 - Summer Programs:
We are still in the process of contacting everyone that was registered for our first week of summer programs that was scheduled to begin prior to July 1st.
The Public Health Department released the following guidance for Summer Camps on April 27th: Needham Public Health is postponing summer camps scheduled to occur in Needham through June 30, 2020. Until guidance is provided by the State, the Needham Public Health will make future decisions about camps on a month to month basis. Information about July camps will be made available by June 1st, or as soon as possible.
Park and Recreation will continue to follow the guidance from the Needham Public Health Department and will update all participants of our programs as soon as more information become available. If you have questions about your registration for a program that will begin after July 1st, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
05/08/2020 - The Pools at Rosemary Recreation Complex:
We are not going to be able to open on June 7th as we had previously noted in our Summer Brochure. We are still working on what the schedule for the Pools at the Rosemary Recreation Complex and will be making decisions based on the best information and guidance currently available from both the State and Town. We will provide updates as soon as information becomes available.
04/28/2020 - Summer Volunteer Program:
While the schools have received guidance from the Governor, we are still waiting on recommendations from the Governor, the CDC, and the Needham Public Health Department regarding our summer programming and the Pools at the Rosemary Recreation Complex.
To that end, our 2020 Summer Volunteer registration will be POSTPONED until further notice. Once we receive more guidance, we will notify the resident of Needham.
The Park and Recreation team feels that postponing the registration for this program is in the best interest of the participants of our programs, our staff and our volunteers.
We at Park and Recreation hope that all of our families and friends in Needham are doing well and staying healthy.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Stay well everyone –
Your Park and Recreation Team
04/28/2020 - Spring Programs:
As of April 28, all spring programming has either been refunded or credited to your Park and Recreation Account. Credits can be applied to any future programming that Park and Recreation hosts. If you have any questions regarding your refund or credit please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are still in the process of responding to some questions that have been sent in the past week and we will get back to everyone as soon as possible. The following Spring programs have been cancelled:
- Floor Hockey - Spring Session
- Adult Yoga - Spring Session (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Breathe to Stretch and Unwind - Spring Session
- Dance to Stretch and Unwind - Spring Session
- Senior Yoga - Spring Session
- Senior Exercise - Spring Sessions (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays)
- Introduction to Musical Theater 1 & 2 with Needham Community Theater
- Provocative Plays with Needham Community Theater
- Teen Spring Workshop with Needham Community Theater
- Kids Night Out April (4/3) and May (5/1)
- LEGO Make It Take It Challenge April (4/5) and May (5/17)
- Needham 1775 Walk
- April Vacation - Spring Dayz
- April Vacation - Thundercats Sports Jam
- April Vacation - LEGO Master Builders
- April Vacation - American Girl Create & Play
- Adult Outdoor Tennis - Spring Session
- Early Release Day - (5/6)
- Plugged In Open Mic Night (5/8)
- Early Release Day (5/20)
- Early Release Day (6/3)
- Senior Golf League - Spring/Summer Session
2020 Summer Registration
Summer Program Registration BEGAN on:
Wednesday, March 25th at 9:00AM
Ways to register:
- Register online
- Register in-person at the Park and Recreation Office (178 Rosemary Street)
- Register by mail:
Mail your registration form and payment (Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover) to:
Park and Recreation
178 Rosemary Street
Needham, MA 02494
2020 Summer Brochure
The 2020 Summer Brochure (PDF) is the complete listing of all programs that Park and Recreation will offer this Fall at locations throughout Needham.
Please use a Registration Form (PDF) if you are planning on registering in-person or by mail.
The Park and Recreation Department no longer mails a paper brochure to every residence in Needham, and will only print a limited number of the brochures each season. Printed brochures will be available at the Park and Recreation Office, the Town Managers Office in Town Hall, the Needham Public Library, the Police Department-Dispatch Desk and The Center at the Heights.
View the archive of past brochures, and select the season/year you would like to view.
Park and Recreation on Social Media!
See what we are up to on YouTube!
- The 2012 Summer Program Staff went with the popular idea of creating a video to a very famous song as a way to welcome participants and their families to the summer:
View the Summer Program Staff video
- The 2012 Rosemary Pool staff decided to create a video of memorable moments from the past season as a fun way to wind down and reflect on all the fun of the summer:
View the Rosemary Pool Staff video