CURBSIDE PICKUP IS AVAILABLE IN NEEDHAM: Call to Request Items
ext x502 for Adult/Young Adult requests
ext 507 for Children’s requests
The Needham Free Public Library and Needham Public Health announce that the Library will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future. This is an effort to practice social distancing, which helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
On Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, librarians will be available to take requests for curbside pickup. With your library card in hand, call the designated extension to speak with a librarian. We are also available to answer reference questions and have the ability to change passwords and card expiration dates to allow you to access the online databases. Please call in at 781-455-7559 ext. 218 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For curbside pickup there is a limit of five items per library card.
Items requested must be available in Needham, Check the catalog at find.minlib.net to see what is on the library’s shelves before you call. No holds can be placed at this time.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Don’t know what you want? Ask for a Children’s Book Bundle!
Don’t know what to read? No problem!
The librarians in the Children’s Department have made bundles of books on various topics superheroes, first in a series, books about the moon, librarian favorites etc... Call the library and request one today!
If you’re looking for some specific recommendations there is also an online form you can fill out.
Please call in at 781-455-7559 ext 507 or email email@example.com.
Common Questions and Resource Information
- The book drop is OPEN! The library has opened its book and audiovisual return slots located at the Rosemary Street Parking Lot entrance to the library. At this time, please do not put donations to the Friends in the return slots.
- Online resources available 24/7
- Check out our Children’s Activities at Home, free resources for children and adults webpage, with free resources specifically during this time.
- Check our Facebook for updates involving videos, poetry and other activities we are providing during this challenging time.
- An updated edition of Library Notes – Covid-19 issue is available here. Please use the library notes for more specific instructions regarding some of our more popular services such as Libby by Overdrive, Rbdigital, and Tumblebooks, among others
- Due dates automatically changed/extended
- Fines waived during this time
- Holds are frozen/cannot be placed at this time
- No library card will expire until May 31
- eCards are available if you’ve never had a library card to access our e-resources! Please sign up using a valid email address. Your temporary barcode and username will be emailed to you.
Tue, Jun 9
Wed, Jun 10